What to expect
Below, we have outlined what you can expect to happen when you arrive at our vaccination centre, Please remember to wear a mask at all times in the centre.
- When you arrive at the centre, you will be directed to the check-in desks. You will be asked for your name, NHS number and booking reference to be checked-in . Please have this information to hand when you arrive at the check-in desk.
- Once you have checked-in, you will be directed to a floor by a member of staff or volunteer. Please note that you may have to queue at this point. If you do, please stay socially distanced from others.
- You will then be directed to a vaccination room where you will have a ‘pre-vaccine assessment’. You will be asked a series of questions to make sure it is safe for you to receive the vaccine and asked to confirm you consent to having it. You will also be provided with information on the vaccine itself. Translation services are available in every pod.
- When the assessment is complete, you will be given your Covid-19 vaccine and asked to sit in our rest area for a few minutes to make sure you feel ok. If you receive the Pfizer vaccine, or have driven to the centre, you will have to wait for 15 minutes in our rest area before leaving. If you feel unwell after having your vaccine, please inform a member of staff and do not operate machinery or drive.
- You can then leave the vaccination centre using the one-way signs to the exit.
Don’t forget to come back for your second appointment.